Thursday, August 22, 2013

Top 22 things To Take In The Park

We all know what it is like to be on vacation out and about and realize you need something and to buy it where you are is going to be twice the price, I cannot tell you how much money this has cost me we go to the park and can find we need something we forgot. I now use a check list I keep it in my vacation notebook (you can see my vacation notebook in previous post) this is my list of 22 things that must come in the park with us.

This is the minimum list, I hate having to lug around more stuff then I can carry without falling over. At parks I always see people who pack so much they do not get to enjoy the parks or areas because they are over weighted by items. You may find after your first day in the park there is something you need, as I said this is just my always in the pack list.

Advil- Advil, Aspirin, Excedrin  whatever you use for head and body pains. You will need it and you will use it.

Back Pack- The top must buy item for traveling family is a nice back pack, one with nice padded arm straps or cross body strap. These can be costly but worth it in the end after spending hours at parks you don’t want back and shoulder aches. Also be sure there is more than one compartment this way you can section your areas also bottle holders are nice also. The photos below are the one I will be using.




Camera- Don’t forget this cast members will use your camera to take photos with the characters

 Cell phone- Always keep you cell phone on you never know when you may need it.

Extra Memory Card- I took so many photos our last trip I had to delete some for space keep a extra one in your bag and you will never miss a memory.

Gum- I do not chew gum but if you do they do not sell it anywhere on Disney properties.

Hand and Face Wipes- Always keep a travel pack in your back pack the candy ice cream and pizza make a mess and the napkins may not always handle the job.

Hand Sanitizer- Bring a travel size bottle to use after rides and when garbing quick snacks, kids touch everything then touch the rides so it always pays to use this handy stuff after a ride.

Hair Ties- those rides can be killer and if your hair is everywhere you will miss the fun so keep a couple simple hair ties with you.

Hats/Visors- Lots of sun and these can come in handy just be sure to pack the away on some of the rides, to save money you can buy Disney hats on amazon eBay and many other options and save a lot more than what you would spend in the park best of all order them and surprise your children the say they go to the park believe me they will know or care that they came from amazon for a fraction of the cost.

Light Jacket- Never hurts to have one on hand

Kleenex- Stop by Waymart for a few dollars you can get some travel Kleenex the dust people and smells at the parks will make theses come in handy.

Kids Distractors- IPods, Handheld games bring them along to help with line wait times.

Light Snacks- Some fruit snacks or granola bars something light and easy to keep you don’t want to bring along snacks that will spoil in heat. On a side note leave the peanut butter sandwich at the hotels I hate when I see a little kid on the train eating a pb&j and touching all the poles and sitting areas and not for the reason you would think, but because there are many people with peanut allergy’s it is one of the most common allergy’s and while your toddler is eating away and touching everything the next person may get very sick. 

Personal fan/mist- Bring one of these along if you are going during hot days but it outside the park you can get them for $ 5 to 8 dollars at Wal-Mart the same thing is $18.00 at the parks.

Pocket Chargers –Travel or not everyone should keep one of these babies on them always. Powerocks Portable Electronics and Phone Charger with USB Cable and Car Charger can be bought at HSN or QVC this thing has saved me so many times I always make sure I have two on me in any vacation pack.


Rain Poncho’s- These are good no matter when you are going you can use them on water rides and save your clothing, or use when a sudden downpour happens. I suggest going to a local store such as Wal-Mart and buying them they are about a dollar at Wal-Mart compared to $4.00-6.00 dollars at the parks. They are also light weight.

Sunscreen- you do not need a big old bottle to bring with you a lot of the mist sprays are light weight and compact always make sure you have some on hand. I do not know how many times we have come home hurting because I forgot it

Sunglasses- Be sure each family member has a pair for those who tend to lose things easily get around the nick straps they have these at Wal-Mart for about a dollar compared to $8.00 dollars at the park.

Vacation NoteBook- If you read my other post you will know I love this and it makes life on vacation so much easier I take it every where.

Water bottles- Bring one or two water bottles into the park with you.  At the service counters in Disney you can usually get a free cup of water ,use this to refill them though out the day. Water bottles at the park are around $3.50 to 5.00 dollars on a warm day you can spend a lot just keeping the kids hydrated at the park price

Wallet- you do not need your check book in the Disney parks they do not take checks so leave the bulky wallet at home and get a compact one you can keep just what you need in what do you need you ask :


Credit Card, Cash, Medical cards, Photo ID, Park/room key, Transit pass, Photo pass that is all you need your store club card or espresso punch card are going to be of little use to you in Disney so pack light and leave the other items in your hotel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment