Thursday, August 22, 2013

Vacation Notebook A Must For Any Vacation

      Something about me I love itineraries, planning, and scheduling and this is a blog if tips and tricks so I am sharing one of my top tricks, a handy dandy trip planning book. I love this for vacationing and not just the Disney ones but any vacation it is one easy way to keep all your notes, ideas, prices, and dates almost anything and everything. The best type is a small to medium size one that you can pack easily but still has room. As the photo below shows this is my current vacation book for our December vacation. I picked this up at a Fred Myers for about eight dollars.

     So you have your note book now what? This is about keeping you in order and making sure you can easily access the information you need so be sure to divide it up in the best way for you. I understand everyone prioritized differently but a few of the ways I divide are pretty standard. I have just started a new notebook so it is not very filled yet but will still give you the idea I will post photos of it filled closer to our vacation.

   
  1.  My first page is important dates when the final payment for trip is due , what dates I have reservations for, tour guides days any dates you need to get to quickly



2.       I usually do what I call the cost page this is the trip cost broken down such as how much the deposit is, reservations cost, tour cost, what every you need to keep track of money wise!!

3.       Must do pages I do one for each member of the family/ people traveling. On our trip in December I have 10 people going and want to be sure everyone sees their must haves. Depending on the amount of people you have traveling with you have each person pick three to six things they feel they must do during the vacation. Being there are so many of us I am having everyone pick three must do's.


4.       I do a page for shows also I list what show by each park, what time they start, and how long they run.


5.       To pack list this is different for ever family but I like to do it by person so each person gets a list in the note book so I can check it before we leave insuring we have everything needed. I add to the list as I think of it since it is all in one nice note book that is easy to reach for when an idea pops in my head.


6.       A what to take to the park list is also a must this is a short list of the must takes items that will go in the park with you, I will post my must have list.

7.       A note pages is where I make you guessed it notes if I want to check out a review on a show or see the best place to get food in the park I note it down so that I can look up the review or information when I have the time.

8.       Important numbers email addresses and website I know we all have cell phone but it always pays to write it down also, battery dead at the end of a day at WDW if you have your notebook you will have the number to the hotel if you need it and any other numbers that may be of use such as the local taxi service.



9.       Attraction list this may seem odd but I like to take the time and write down each ride in the park that there is a chance we will want to go yes there is maps and cell phones but it never hurts you can peek from time to time and see something you may have forgotten with all the excitement of tower of terror.

10.   Note down dining plan restrictions and rules each plan is different and confusing write it down and you will be able to reference if what you want is an option or not sometimes the cast members and wait staff try but can be unhelpful if you write down what is included you will not have to worry.

11.   Make sure you take notes during the trip at night or when you have an extra minute note down a memory you enjoyed or a tip trick you learned, anything you want to remember for next time note it down. With all the hustle and rushing you can forget things after you are home if you write them in your book it is there forever, even if your next visit is a few years away you can look back and say oh ya we really enjoyed that.


These are just a few things you can put any and everything in your book that you want .A Disney trip is all about fun and family memories, I find this book helps me with the stress and planning and keeping track of memories for future visits. It and or may not be the right thing for you and your family but it never hurts to try. I will post more photos as my book fill's I just started this one yesterday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment